Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring, where are you?



I am seriously ready for spring time!!!  It has been a brutal winter here in the Queen City, I think it's snowed like 18 times... ok, maybe only 3 times, but still.  Normally we just get one light snow every year that shuts down the city, makes everything look beautiful, and all the kids go sledding.  But, man, this year has been so much snow and rain and wind, I feel like we live up north, brrrrr....

So what do I do when its cold?  I could be accomplishing all kinds of things on my never ending to-do list like organizing my files, cleaning out my closet, or dusting... blah!    Intsead, I use the cold as a great excuse to go shopping!  So, my plan on Saturday is to do a loop around CLT checking out my favorite furniture and home decor shops from Sleepy Poet to TJ Maxx (the one at Concord Mills, since its the best).  I might even get up early and brave the cold to see if I can find any good yard sales.  But the thing I'm most excited about is to go to my new favorite spot - Recycle Boutique.  This place just makes me giddy... it's a consignment shop that sells everything from antique furniture to designer jeans - talk about heaven! 

Alrighty, time for me to take some measurements and get my wish list ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment