Friday, March 12, 2010

Free Interior Design Tools

In case anyone was wondering how I created Kim's moodboard from the previous post, I'll let you in on the secret.  I found this amazing website, MyDeco, which gives you access to these great online interior design tools:

- Make a Moodboard
- Decorate a Photo
- Design a 3D Room

Plus, you can look at tons of other people's moodboards, photos, and rooms for examples and inspiration.  So far I've only tried the moodboard tool, and it was a little quirky at first, but I figured it out without much difficulty.  You can upload your own images (which is what I did), or you can use the 1000's of images already available within the tool.  I think their images actually come from retail websites and they contain the store and cost information within them.  So your moodboard could then give you a break down of each item, where it came from, if it is still in stock, and then calculate the total cost. 

Here is one of the moodboards I like, click here to see the breakdown of items if you're interested....



The company/website is based out of the UK, so all the products are from UK retailers, but it looks like they are trying to get a US-based Site up and running soon.

Anyway, still lots to learn about these tools, I hope you'll learn along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment