Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bird Obsession Continues in DC

Renee, step away from the birds.  At least that is what I SHOULD have been telling myself, but that would be no fun!  Instead, my eyes were drawn to them like they were chirping my name.  Ok, that sounds kind of creepy, but you get what I mean.  I was in heaven looking at all the pretty bird decor I discovered in the shops on King Street in Old Town, I've never seen so much of it!  Here is what I ended up with, all from the European Cottage Living store...

A set of sage green tealight candle holders...


A super shabby ceramic bird house...


And these 3 hooks that will be perfect for hanging necklaces or scarves in my dressing room...


Then at the Arlington and Georgetown Flea Markets, I found a bunch of vintage bird prints from the 1800's...


So I picked up several of them and have already hung them above my bed with some twine and clothespins...



A couple close-up's...



Alvin is cringing at the girliness of it all, but I just love it and it was super easy!  I may try to tone down the girliness just a bit though by slowly adding other non-bird vintage prints to the twine, in more neutral colors and hanging them in a less symmetrical way, kind of like how they did it in my inspiration room which came from the Pottery Barn catalog.  They do this in a lot of their bedrooms, here is one example.


Believe it or not, I did buy a couple non-bird things too.  I love these vintage prints (from the 1700's!) and since it's hard to find frames this size, I have another simple idea for hanging them which I hope to get to next week...


And finally, I got a few pretty books for only $1 each to add to my collection.  One of them is about the Outerbanks of North Carolina!  Here they are, the 3 in the middle of this stack...





Oh, and one last thing.. you know I couldn't resist this book which I found hiding in the many rows of $1 books.  I told you, they were chirping my name, haha...



1 comment:

  1. I love them, RR - I totally understand why Alvin might be putting the nix on them but from the girl's perspective, they are SO Pottery Barn! : ) I can't wait to see if you do them like PB.

    ReplyDelete