Saturday, May 1, 2010

Plaza-Midwood Home Tour

The Plaza-Midwood Home Tour turned out really great this year, with a mix of different types of houses, along with a couple of cute condos.  All of them had such unique styles and so many fun decorating ideas!  I was so glad I got to enjoy it with one of my friends, Lindsey, who has an amazing knack for decorating and gardening.  In fact, I really want to do a virtual home tour of her house for you guys because it really looks like it should be in a magazine.  

Anyway, I digress... Let me get to the highlights of the Home Tour today.  I only wish I would have taken more pictures, but it was crowded so it was hard to get pics without people in them and without feeling like I was holding up the crowd.  The pictures really don't do it justice, but this what I was able to get...

The first stop was one of the units in this adorable quadraplex on Thomas St, it was one of my favorites.  I love how they mixed modern and antiques in this entire place. The dining area is a good example of that with the old antique table mixed with the modern clear chairs. Plus, they really used every little nook and cranny to make this small space funtional...



Then we headed to the other side of the Plaza to this charming place on Kenwood...


Then we went around the corner to this absolutely beautiful backyard and garden off Midwood Place.  Check out the outdoor fireplace, and water features were hiding everywhere...



Next, we strolled all the way to the end of Chatham Ave, and it was definitely worth the walk!  I absolutely LOVED this place, it had tons of character and the master bath was to die for.  Oh yea, and look over the bed, they hung twine with photos kind of like I recently attempted with the bird prints.  I like the look of theirs way better, so it's inspired me to re-vamp mine, haha....


Ok, next was this awesome renovated bungalow on Dearmon Drive where they opened up the living area to the dining room with some little half-walls and columns, plus added built-ins on either side of the fireplace.  It is very similar to the look I really want to go for in my place!


After that, I started to lose track of things and can't remember which picture is from which house.  But the first half of the tour was my favorite anyway, so I think you got to see the best of it all!  After the tour, Lindsay and I sat on my screened in porch and enjoyed a glass of wine, and some cheese and hummus, which totally hit the spot. 

As we were talking, we decide to go check out a couple of garden centers nearby - Royal Gardens on 7th St in Elizabeth and Campbell Gardens in South End.  Royal Gardens had a great deal on some Thyme, so we both picked up a couple of those, and then I found this really unique hanging plant at Cambell Gardens.  I need to take a close up of the flowers, this pic isn't doing it justice...


But I'm too lazy now, it's been a long day.  I'm ready to have a glass of wine and read some more of the book Susan got me the other day, The Fixer Upper.  Just started it last night and it's already got me hooked.

What a great day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment