Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: Here we go again!

Wow, I can't believe we're already several days into 2011.  Although the holidays were a bit hectic, they were so focused on fun and family, that I didn't really care.  Things seem to have gotten even busier in the new year.  Maybe because I really got used to a lifestyle without my normal 9-5 job over the 2 week vacation?  Anyway, now that I am back to reality, my mind is spinning with so many home projects I want to get done in 2011!  Here we go again!

Here are the first few things I am hoping to accomplish:

- Paint the Guest Bedroom - I'd love to do some horizontal stripes like The Lettered Cottage did in the Reading Room.




- Make a Headboard for the Guest Bedroom - My favorite DIY headboard project is this one by Centsational Girl, so I'm going to try to do a simple rectangle version.



- Organize Everything!  Files & Office Stuff, Kitchen Cabinets, Media Cabinets, Clothes, Laundry Room, etc. - This is a very lofty goal for me since organization is my biggest weakness, so I'm going to try to take it one step at a time.  There are some great inspiratios and how-to's out there for organization, so I'll be looking to them for the help I majorly need!!!  I really like the step-by-step organization instructions in this post by Young House Love.  If you like that one, they have even more great tips here and here.  Now for some inspiration pictures, because after all, it has to be pretty! 

Pictures all from Making it Lovely, a new favorite blog of mine!



What projects are on your priority list for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Of course we need to do the headboard project together, and then I also need to ORGANIZE! Actually, I just found this amazing pantry today, so I thought this would be some more inspiration! check it out: http://houseofsmiths.blogspot.com/2010/07/pantry-remix.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, first off your house seems very organized to me! Secondly, I want to tell you again how much I love what you have done with your house and how much I envy your bargain shopping skills. It takes me a lot longer to decorate because I don't hunt as much as you and end up paying full price and too much for furniture pieces :-/ Third, I love love love the Lettered Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete